- The basic equipment you should have on board -
Before buying or supplementing existing first aid equipment for your boat, there are a few things that should be considered first:
- Where will you be sailing?
- How long will you be there?
- How far away is the coast or how long could it take for professional help to arrive in an emergency?
- How large is the crew?
- Are there passengers with illnesses that require special medication?
- Are there any animals on board?
In any case, it is advisable to be well equipped to provide the best possible assistance to people who have had an accident or are ill on board. The basic first aid kit should include:
Bandages, quick wound dressings, finger bandages, dressing packs, wound compresses, cooling packs, life blankets, plaster bandages, triangular cloths, bandage scissors, tick tweezers, disposable gloves, disinfectants, skin cleaning cloths.
The first aid kit should also be combined with an on-board pharmacy with helpful medicines such as insect repellents, painkillers and medication against seasickness.
First aid kits and on-board pharmacy should be visible and easily accessible to everyone on board.
Carlos S. on 27.09.2022
Janko S. on 26.09.2022
I ordered you delivered always in time!
ANTONIO C. on 26.09.2022
This was fast!!!