After automatic activation by full water contact, a DSC distress call is transmitted within a few seconds. The call can be received by up to eight vessels whose MMSI numbers have been pre-programmed via Bluetooth and Weatherdock app. The first distress call occurs without GPS coordinates.
As soon as GPS coordinates are available, a second call with the victim's GPS coordinates will be transmitted to the vessels via DSC. Transmission is repeated at an interval of five minutes for the next 30 minutes. After that, calls are transmitted at a 10 minute interval.
In addition to the DSC and following detection of the GPS coordinates, an AIS emergency telegram is automatically transmitted to all AIS systems within a range of up to seven nautical miles and more. The AIS alert is re-transmitted every minute, with updated location data as well as information regarding the victim's course and speed over the ground when adrift.
Features at a glance
- 24 hours of battery life after activation while in transmission mode
- 1 Watt of radiated power
- Transmission range of up to 7 nautical miles and more
- Powerful red LED flare for better visibility (e.g. in the dark)
- No annual costs or fees
- No licenses or wireless certificates required
- Ready to use with any automatic lifejacket
- No modification of the lifejacket's fixed parts necessary
- Automatic activation with full water contact
- 100% buoyant, no buoyancy aid required
- Up to 8 different MMSI numbers programmable for "closed loop"
- Programming is done via Bluetooth connection with free Weatherdock app
- Handy and robust housing
- Approvals: CE & IC (Industry Canada)
- Dimensions: 168 x 48 x 27 mm
- Weight: 120 g
- Battery: 6 V, 2 lithium cells, CR2
- Frequency: AIS: 161.975 and 162.025 MHz / DSC: 156.525 MHz
- Controls: 2 buttons ("TEST" and "ON")
- Display: 2 LEDs ("GPS status" and "FLASH")
- Operating temperature: -20°C to + 55°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +70°C
Customers also bought
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .