TRAVEL 503 S Electric-Outboard Motor / Short Shaft
But a successive product is available:
- Can do everything that a 1.5 HP petrol outboard can, plus it’s environmentally friendlier, quieter, lighter and more convenient
- With its integrated lithium battery and outstanding efficiency the TRAVEL is the alternative to a small petrol outboard
- On-board computer with GPS-based calculation of remaining range
- Solar rechargeable – including during the voyage
- Can be easily dismantled for transport and space-saving storage
- A clean affair: no matter how or where you store your Travel, there’s no risk of leakage or petrol smells
- Stepless forward/reverse drive
- Manual tilting device with grounding protection
- 4-step manual trim device
- Completely waterproof (IP67)
- Tiller control
- Integrated battery with 320 Wh Li-Ion
- Equipment included: Travel 503 S with battery and charger
Range and speed:
|Slow||2.0 kn (3.7 km/h)||12.8 nm (23.8 km)||6:20 hrs|
|Half throttle||3.0 kn (5.5 km/h)||6.4 nm (11.9 km)||2:08 hrs|
|Full throttle||4.0 kn (7.4 km/h)||2.8 nm (5.2 km)||0:42 hrs|
Torqeedo can be charged via solar - even while in motion (optional accessories required).
Information on range and speed:
When travelling through water, displacement increases power required in proportion to the cube (third power) of the speed. This means that doubling water speed increases the power required eightfold.
Conversely, it of course also means that only a slight reduction in speed will increase the range attainable significantly. Simply reducing speed by e.g. half a knot has a considerable effect on the remaining range.Since mental arithmetic to the power of three is quite tricky, the on-board computer of the Travel constantly calculates the remaining range for you. To do this, it combines the consumption data from the motor with the charge level of the batteries together with the speed over water obtained via GPS. This means you can read the remaining range in real time from the Travel's display. Using the TorqTrac App you can even read the remaining range from a map on your smartphone.
|Input power||500 W|
|Propulsive power||220 W|
|Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power)||1.5 HP|
|Comparable petrol outboards (thrust)||2 HP|
|Max. overall efficiency in %||44 %|
|Static thrust||40 lbs*|
|Integrated battery||320 Wh Li-Ion|
|Nominal voltage||29.6 V|
|Final charging voltage||33.6 V|
|Total weight||12.9 kg|
|Motor weight without battery||8.9 kg|
|Weight of integrated battery||4.0 kg|
|Shaft length||62.5 cm|
|Standard Propeller||9 km/h at 790 W|
|Max. propeller speed||700 RPM|
|Tilting device||Manual with grounding protection|
|Trim device||Manual, 4-step|
|Integrated on-board computer||Yes|
|Stepless forward/reverse drive||Yes|
* Torqeedo static thrust data is based on measurements in accordance with ISO guidelines that apply worldwide. Static thrust data of fishing motors are typically measured differently and therefore result in higher values. To compare Torqeedo static thrust with conventional fishing boat motors, approximately 50% can be added to the Torqeedo static thrust specification.
Charging batteries from the on-board power system
In some instruction manuals, it is written that an inverter is required to charge from an on-board power system. This is wrong.
What's correct is that: The battery can be charged with a voltage range of 9.5V....50V. The minimum current must be 4A.
Ideally, one should use the TORQEEDO DC charger, which is equipped with a cigarette lighter adapter and a 5.5/2.5 mm coaxial power connector.
If the battery is to be charged through this cable, it is essential to ensure that the connection's polarity is correct.
Check the position of the coaxial power connector: The centre contact is POS, the external contact is NEG. Non-compliance can lead to damage occurring, which is not covered under the warranty.
See subsequent models of this product
Customers also bought
Customers ask customers
Ask other SVB customers who have already purchased this product from us about their experience.
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .