When folded in the textile frame, this module is an unobtrusive companion, quickly ready for use anywhere and easy to stow away again afterwards. The textile module support has riveted eyelets (9.5 mm inner diameter) for hanging or fixing the module, such as with rubber cord or ratlines. The module can, of course, be laid out quite simply. It also comes with set-up supports that may be used to align the module to low sun and are secured in place by Velcro straps when not in use.
The outside pocket contains all connection cables (1 m module connection, 3.9 m at the input of the PHOCOS charge controller and approx. 1.4 m at the controller output), a battery temperature sensor (with 2 m connection cable) as well as 3 adapter cables for connection to the battery or to the vessel's electrical system.
The adapter cables are each 1m long and fitted with crocodile clips, ring terminals (8 mm ring inner Ø) and cigarette lighter plugs (incl. 10 A fine-wire fuse).
All cables and adapters have solid and reverse polarity protected plug connections, can be rapidly plugged together as needed, and sealed against dirt and corrosion when not in use. When connected, the cable lengths between the module and the charge controller are 4.9 meters, and the cable length between the charge controller and the battery/vehicle power connection is approximately 2.4 meters.
The temperature sensor of the PHOCOS charge controller is polarity-free and should be attached with its metal housing directly to a battery connection and secured using insulating tape or cable ties.
The PHOCOS charge controller's 5 V USB output can power mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, cameras, and other gadgets (max. 1500 mA).
|System voltage||12 V|
|Nominal power||135 W (3x 45 W)|
|Spannung bei max. leistung (Vmp)||22.6 V|
|Current at max. power (Imp)||6 A|
|Open circuit voltage (Uoc)||26 V|
|Short circuit current (Isc)||6.4 A|
|Cells / Cell efficiency||3x 12 mono / 23.9 %|
|Operating temperature||-10 °C to +60 °C|
|Module/Battery/Adapte cable||approx. 4000 mm / 1500 mm / 1000 mm - 14 AWG or, approx. 2.5 mm²|
|Dimensions unfolded||1525 x 560 x 10 mm|
|Dimensions folded||440 x 560 x 20 mm|
|Charge controller type / system voltage / max. solar current||PWM with LCD display / 12 V DC / 10 A|
|USB output power charge controller||5 V DC / 1500 mA|
- When using the crocodile clip adapter or the lug adapter, we also recommend installing a 10 A fuse close to the battery (max. 20 cm).
Fuse holders, fuses and crimp cable connectors are available separately.
For the ring terminal adapter, crimp ring terminals with larger ring inner Ø are available separately. All connection and adapter cables are 14 AWG (American Wire Gauge), which corresponds to approx. 2.5 mm².
- Although the PHOCOS charge controller used is automatically capable of recognising 12 or 24 volt battery systems, the module can only be used in 12 volt wiring systems due to the 22.6 volt Vmp output voltage.
- The controller is not splashproof and must therefore be housed in a dry environment!
Due to the plug connection on the module connection cable, you can also permanently install the controller. To fix the controller, two 4 mm screws are required, which can be inserted/screwed through the controller housing from the front. The distance between the holes is 69 mm or 57 mm to the top edge of the housing.
- The USB output can only be used when the 12 V battery is connected.
Please refer to the operating instructions for further technical information on the controller.
Instructions can be found below under Documents.
Please observe the instructions in the operating manual of the controller!
- If the charge controller is to be permanently installed in the vehicle with battery negative to ground, module negative and consumer negative connections must only be connected to the NEGATIVE terminals of the charge controller and must never be connected to vehicle ground or bridged in any way. Otherwise the deep discharge protection and overcurrent protection of the charge controller would be bypassed.
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .