When used with a compatible NAVICO autopilot system, the SteadySteer hydraulic flow switch allows boaters to seamless switch between manual and automatic autopilot control of the vessel. While your autopilot is activated, SteadySteer automatically disengages the autopilot when you turn the vessel manually and then automatically reengages when you have established a new heading. There's no need to press any buttons on the autopilot to disengage it and take manual control of steering.
Not only is this convenient for boaters, the device also offers significant safety advantages. In a dangerous situation, every second counts - no need to look at a display or frantically search for the autopilot stand-by button.
Advantages of SteadySteer technology
- Smoother steering
Steer manually through turns — convenient manual override. Seamless and intuitive boat control without constant switching between autopilot and manual steering. SteadySteer is a real relief, especially when travelling on winding inshore waterways where you often have to correct your course manually, as the autopilot automatically reengages on straight stretches.
- Increased safety
Being able to manually override the autopilot at any time significantly increases safety during autopilot control. There's also no need to look at a display or push buttons to change course, just point the bow to your destination.
Compatibility / minimum requirement
- NAC-2, NAC-3 (SW version 1.1.01.00 and above)
- AP44, IS42 and AP48 (SW version 57.3.163 or above)
- Simrad MFDs (SW version 20.2 or above)
- AP44, IS42 or AP48 required for compatibility with selected older Simrad MFDs
- Use only in conjunction with a SteadySteer-capable Navico hydraulic pump (PUMP-2, PUMP-3, PUMP-4, PUMP-5)
Included in delivery
- 3 x hose (black): 193 bar (2800 PSI) max, 915 mm (36") 9/16-18 ORFS to 9/16 UNF
- 2 x hoses (black): 193 bar (2800 PSI) max, 370 mm (14.5") 9/16-18 ORFS to 9/16-24 ORF
- 1 x hose (black): 193 bar (2800 PSI) max, 830 mm (32.7") 9/16-18 ORFS (O ring face seal) to 9/16-18 ORFS
- 1 x hose, return (black): 155 bar (2250 PSI) max, 830 mm (32.7") 11/16-16 ORFS to 11/16-16 ORF
- 2 x T-piece (stainless steel) 9/16-18 ORFS
- 1 x T-piece (brass)11/16-16 < 9/16-18 > 11/16-16 ORFS
- 1 x SteadySteer flow switch
- 2 x adapter (straight) 1/4 NPT to 9/16 24 M UNF
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .