Easy startingIncredibly responsive, to get you going with little or no preparation at all!
The Mercury 8 and 9.9hp FourStroke outboards include:
- New three-position choke and no primer button improve starting, simplify the starting procedure and allow the engine to warm up faster
- A richer idle air/fuel mix makes the engine easier to start and provides better idle running quality (tiller handle models)
- A change to the ignition timing allows fishermen to find and hold optimal troll speed
Command ThrustBig-time power. With a longer design and bigger components, Mercury Command Thrust was made specifically to deliver the type of power, thrust and control that wider, heavier boats demand.
The Command Thrust Difference (Blue shaded areas represent prop and gearcase advantages)
- 20% larger prop increases control especially at low speeds.
- Taller gearcase puts the prop deeper, below turbulent water, for improved performance.
- A low 2.42:1 gear ratio delivers thrust and maneuveraility that big loads demand.
- Oversized Antiventilation Plate. Oversized design prevents air from being drawn into the prop, which increases efficiency.
The Tiller model features an exclusive Mercury multifunction tiller. Which controls:
Power in the Palms of Your Hands
- Throttle control (featuring an optimal slow-speed throttle advance function)
At only 38kg, these engines are very portable and improve the performance of lightweight boats.
ush down on the tiller handle to easily tilt the outboard to any position, made easy with our exclusive ratcheting transom bracket.
Convenient and Easy Tilting
Mercury 8hp to 20hp FourStroke outboards have features that make starting easier, warm-ups faster and idling smoother!
Start Easily, Idle Smoothly
- The fuel filter on 8hp to 20hp Mercury FourStrokes has been moved to keep the carburetor cleaner
- Tiller handle models have a richer air/fuel mix at idle
- They also come standard with a three-position choke, eliminating the need for a primer button
|Engine type||Inline 2|
|Full throttle RPM||5000-6000|
|Fuel induction system||2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)|
|Recommended fuel||Unleaded 90RON minimum|
|Recommended oil||Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30|
|Engine protection operator warning system||Low oil pressure, Over-rev|
|Steering||Tiller / remote with long version|
|Shaft length||15"/381 mm
|Dry weight *Lightest model available||38 kg|
|CARB star rating||3|
|Bore and stroke||2.16 x 1.73" / 55 x 44 mm|
|Ignition||CDI w/electronic spark advance|
|Cooling system||Water-cooled with thermostat|
|Exhaust system||Through propeller|
|Shallow water drive||Yes|
|Shallow water trim range (degrees)||16|
|Integrated fuel tank (gal/L)||3.2/12|
|Remote fuel tank standard (gal/L)||3.2/12|
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and your question will be published on the product page. Please do not pose any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: +49 (0)421 57290510 .