McMurdo's SmartFind G8 AIS EPIRB features multiple technology capabilities for placing emergency calls. This results in an increased range and number of potential recipients who can come to the rescue and provide assistance.
The following integrated specifications are used for reporting, localisation, tracking and rescue:
- 406 MHz: International Emergency Signal (COSPAS-SARSAT Rescue System)
- 121.5 MHz: Bearing frequency of air forces
- GNSS: Precise GPS coordinates by receiving from 72 satellites (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS)
- AIS: The Class A and Class B AIS transmitter alerts other ships in the local area.
The alarm can be triggered either manually or automatically (on contact with water).
Further features at a glance
- Battery life of 10 years (storage)
- 72 channel GNSS GPS receiver
- Battery can be changed by the user independently
- Optimised for MEOSAR: Improved location function for rapid rescue
- SmartTransfer: Manual bracket allowing transport without activating water switch
- SmartCarry: Concealed hands-free easy carry strap
- SmartBase: Impact protection
- SmartLight: 3 lights, 360 degree radiation
- SmartSwitch: Reusable protective cover for ON button
- Global service network of 200+ service centres in 80+ countries
NOTE! Programming can only be done by the manufacturer. Only the above data sheet is to be used.
Customers also bought
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .