Life Vest & Raft Maintenance
Service check for non-inflated lifejackets
This service is for lifejackets that have not been inflated. Our fully qualified technicians check the pressure of the bladder and the function of the trigger mechanism, and any worn seals are replaced.
SVB price: 44,95 €
Item number: 47775
Service check for inflated lifejackets
Your lifejacket has been inflated and should now be rearmed and serviced to restore full functionality? In addition to the key tasks carried out as part of the standard inspection, this service also includes a replacement of the CO2 bottle.
SVB price: 69,95 €
Item number: 47776
Your safety - our job
- Certified service of your product according to international standards
- Complete servicing documentation in log or record book
- Fully-qualified SVB service technicians
SVB is a certified service station for:
To ensure that your automatic lifejacket operates correctly, it should be serviced on a regular basis. It is critical to adhere to the prescribed servicing interval, especially if you have a self-inflating lifejacket. If no servicing interval is specified by the manufacturer of the life jacket, we recommend an inspection 2 years after purchase. Even if your life jacket has only been worn without being inflated, it will still have been exposed to the sun, salty water, and impacts.
Before sending to us, please check the year of manufacture of your life jacket. SVB only services life jackets that are no more than 10 years old.
Order your service here
We offer the following:
1. Your lifejacket has NOT been inflated and should be serviced every 2 years? In this case, please select the option Lifejacket Service Check.
2. Your lifejacket has been inflated and should now be rearmed and serviced to restore full functionality? In this case, please select the option Lifejacket Service Check and Rearming.
You should always check your life jackets before any voyage to ensure that they are fully functional. Examine the outer appearance, belts, buckles, CO2-cartridge, and trigger function (green display). Lifejackets that are more than ten years old must be serviced by the manufacturer, and this should be done annually after that.
Lifejacket repair: If your lifejacket is damaged, we can also perform a repair. From defective seams to exchanging the bladder or repairing the protective cover, everything is possible. The service is carried out in agreement with the customer and together a price estimate is calculated.
SVB services your life jackets of the brands Seatec, Kadematic and Secumar, Plastimo, Seago and Spinlock. Please label the package containing your life jacket as follows:
SVB – Spezialversand für Yacht- und Bootszubehör GmbH
Gelsenkirchener Straße 25-27
Lifejacket servicing includes:
- Density test of the inflated bladder according to the manufacturer's specifications
- Test of the automatic trigger via water/manual
- Inspection of the release mechanism
- Inspection of the mouth valve
- Cartridge replacement (only when servicing life jackets that have been inflated)
- Inspection of the CO2-cartridge
- Replacing with new seals
- General inspection - especially of the belt system
The life vest is opened and the CO2 cartridge is removed
Automatic inflation device is removed and its gasket changed
Correct operation of inflation device is checked
Inflation of live vest in order to assure leak tightness
Air-pressure is measured
Folding of the life vest and insertion of CO2 cartridge
Life raft service
SVB is a certified service station for PLASTIMO and PLASTIMAR life rafts. At SVB your life rafts are serviced in-house by our qualified serviced technicians. The inspection is documented and recorded in a logbook. Other rafts are sent to their respective manufacturer for correct servicing.
Life raft servicing includes:
- General inspection of the life raft
- Replacement of parts and items, e.g. seals, ropes, supplies, water etc.
- Packing the raft into a vacuum bag and into the original packaging
Open the transport box
Remove the CO2-cartridge
Inflation of the life raft to check for errors
Checking the air pressure
Weighting the CO2-cartridge
Testing the tripping machine
Packaging of the life raft
For urgent enquiries contact us via telephone: +49 (0)421 57290510