- Extinguish fires on board -
Fires can quickly become a major problem. They can be difficult enough to deal with on land, where a quick response is often necessary. Imagine then how much more catastrophic a fire on board can be. To prevent a disaster, basic firefighting equipment should always be carried on board and be quickly accessible.
The topic of fire protection on board should not be taken lighty. On-board fire extinguishers are neither mandatory nor is the number of extinguishers on a ship regulated. However, one thing is clear in any case: portable fire extinguishers on board are an absolute necessity. At least one portable fire extinguisher and one fire blanket should be present on each vessel. Our range includes CO2, foam, aerosol and powder extinguishers. An axe and a crowbar are also essential parts of your firefighting equipment on board.
Fires are divided into 5 fire classes:
- Class A: Fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles
- Class B: Fires involving liquids or melting substances such as gasoline, oil or grease
- Class C: Fires involving gases such as methane or propane
- Class D: Fires involving metals such as magnesium or sodium
- Class F: Fires involving cooking oils and grease
Titas G. on 05.10.2022
I ordered on Sunday and on Friday was already in my local post office in Finland. Super quick
Luis Filipe V. on 05.10.2022
Everything received in perfect conditions, as usual, and very fast.
Siiri J. on 05.10.2022
Satisfied with the quality and speed of delivery )