Function and system design
- The heat-detection cable 3) must be positioned near the engine, so that any heat and fire will melt the cable quickly.
- If there is a fire, the heat detection cable melts, triggering the alarm in the controller 1).
- The controller is powered by a 3 V battery (running time 1 year) or by the on-board power supply.
- As soon as the control is triggered, the sound generator 4) emits an acoustic signal to alert crew and passengers of fire.
- The extinguishers (number varies depending on the system) 2) simultaneously start the extinguishing process in the engine compartment.
All advantages at a glance
- 100 % environmentally friendly
- Fire extinguishing of classes A, B, C & F
- Space-saving and easy to retrofit
- Low maintenance
|Max. engine compartment size in m³
(net volume of space*)
|Heat detection cable for fire detection||2 metres|
|Number of control units||1|
|Control runs on 3 V battery||Yes|
|Alt. power supply||12 / 24 V DC|
|Discharge time (extinguishing agent)||Max. 5 - 10 seconds|
|Number of extinguishers||2|
|Weight of extinguishing agent per generator||200 g|
|Fire alarm||Sound generator (12 V DC)|
|Weight per generator||Approx. 1840 g|
|Dimensions per generator||185 x 84 mm|
|Safety clearance||40 cm|
Example: 2 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 4.5 m³ minus motor 2 m³ = 2.5 m³ net volume of space
- 1x control unit (incl. 3 V battery)
- 2x type 100 aerosol extinguishers
- 2x mounting clamps
- 1x fireproof connection cable (4 m)
- 1x heat detection cable (2 m)
- 1x junction box
- 1x sound generator (12 V DC)
An aerosol is a mixture of a gas and very fine liquid or solid particles. When an aerosol extinguisher is triggered, the potassium carbonate-based aerosol is generated and then released.
As soon as the aerosol comes into contact with the flame, the chain reaction from the combustion process is inhibited by means of chemical reactions with the free radicals. Aerosol is harmless and found in food as additive E501.
Internal construction of the extinguisher
|3||Aerosol in solid state|
Customers also bought
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .