SVB recommends the following for this item
- Designed for use in wet environments and with constant vibrations.
- A seal on the cable outlet and around the connector body protects the connector from splashes of water and ensures a solid fit in the socket.
- Reliable operation indication by a small green LED (with integrated series resistor).
- Integrated strain relief.
- Integrated 10 amp fine fuse (6.3x32 mm).
- All live parts are made of a nickel-plated copper alloy.
- Large contact surfaces ensure a good electrical connection.
- The Twist Lock system locks the plug securely in the corresponding socket (item 11850, optionally available).
- Simple connection via screw terminals for max. 2.5 mm² connecting cables.
Dimensions: see dimensional drawing
Nominal voltage: 12V DC
Max. voltage: 10A DC
Weight: 40 g (0.08 lb)
Plug installation - supplementary to the original manufacturer's instructions
- Remove the sealing ring from the plug.
- The sealing ring sits slightly recessed in a circumferential groove, which prevents slipping.
Use a small screwdriver or other suitable tool to gently and pry the seal out of the groove without damaging it.
- Unscrew the front cap.
- Remove the front fuse holder, the spring and the fuse.
- Remove the Phillips screw.
- Disconnect the two housing parts from each other.
- Remove the two Phillips screws and Strain Relief.
- Wire the plug according to the manufacturer's diagram:
MINUS is connected to the rear terminal,
PLUS to the front terminal (fuse holder).
- Mount the strain relief.
- Put all the items together again.
Make sure that the LED function indicator is correctly positioned and that the sealing ring is completely in the circumferential groove of the connector housing.
Notes on plug and socket
- Twist-Lock system
Due to their shape, the two MINUS contacts on the side of the plug act as gripping hooks, which, for locking purposes, interlock with the corresponding indentations in the socket.
To lock, insert the plug into the socket so that the MINUS contacts align with the triangular markings on the socket edge marked "LOCK POINT".
In this position, the plug is locked, has the best electrical contact and does not come loose due to vibrations or shocks.
To unlock, rotate the plug by 90°.
When unlocked, the green power indicator LED on the connector points to one of the two triangular markings labelled "LOCK POINT" at the edge of the socket.
- The matching plug must be ordered separately
- Unfortunately, there is misleading information about the maximum load capacity on both the original packaging of the plug and in our catalogue description.
The correct information is: The cigarette lighter socket can be loaded with max. 15 A. The plug can be loaded with 10 A.
- Apart from the 6.3x32 mm micro fuses (use a maximum of 10A ), there are no other spare parts available for the plug or socket.
Customers also bought
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .