|Continuously on||The relay contacts are closed,
the batteries are connected to each other, and the charging process is active.
|Off||The relay contacts are open,
The relay contacts are open,the batteries are seperated, the charging process is not active.
|Slow blinking||The relay contacts are open,
the batteries are seperated by the optional control input (ACR 120).
|Quick blinking||The relay contacts are open,
the batteries are seperated, one or both of the batteries are under 9.5V (or 19V with 24V power systems).
Useful practical notes: we often receive enquiries as to why the charging relay does not swich on.
Please observe the following points!
- This charging relay detects the presence of a battery or charging voltage at both terminals. It can therefore not be used as a "simple" cut-off relay.
- This means that the charging relay only switches when a sufficiently high battery or charging voltage is present at BOTH CONNECTIONS
- Therefore, deeply discharged batteries are not accepted. The battery voltage must be > 10 (20)*V!
- The charging relay also works as overvoltage protection in a 12V onboard electrical system. At charging voltages > 16 V, the relay remains switched off - batteries are not connected.
- This charging relay does not switch / disconnect the batteries immediately, but the unit incorporates a DELAY !!!
The time delay depends on the level of the charging voltage, see the following table.
|Switch function||Time delay||DC-charging voltage(12-/ 24V-power)|
|Contacts closed||30 secs||13 V||27.2 V|
|2 mins||13.0 V||26.0 V|
|Contacts open||10 secs||12.35 V||24.7 V|
|30 secs||12.75 V||25.5 V|
|Overvoltage protection||16.0 V||32.0 V|
|Undervoltage shut down||9.5 V||19.0 V|
|Undervoltage reset||10.0 V||20.0 V|
This charging relay is designed for use in wiring systems with lead-acid battery types (also AGM and gel).
It monitors voltage levels matched to lead-acid battery types and automatically switches on or off at specific levels.
We strongly advise against using this relay in conjunction with LiFe(Y)PO4 batteries, as the higher nominal voltage or working voltage range of lithium batteries is not compatible with the levels for lead-acid types.
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and published on the product page. Please do not ask any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone on: +49 (0)421 57290510 .